SalesCandy allows those leads enquired through Facebook to be pulled into our system through Facebook Marketing API lead source. In order to integrate with client's Facebook Ads and our system, you are required to obtain the App ID, App Secret and Access Token.
Please refer to the below guide on how you can create the app ID, app secret & access token.
To ensure that you are able to create those 3 main items, you will need to be the 'Admin' of the respective business page. If you are not the page Admin, you will need to request the 'Admin' access from an existing page 'Admin'.
1. Go to the respective business page on Facebook.
2. Click on the Settings on the top right of the page.
3. Click on the Page Roles.
4. Check your access in the Existing Page Roles column.
CREATION OF APP ID & APP SECRET
1. Go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps
2. Click on 'Add a New App'.
3. Please key in the required details for;
i. Display Name: Please use your Facebook Page Name
ii. Contact Email: Inserts your email address
4. Click on the 'Create' button.
You will be directed to the next page.
5. Go to 'Settings' and click 'Basic; under the dropdown.
6. Note down the displayed information for App ID & App Secret.
App ID - 1234567891011
App Secret - AbcDe123456789Fghi
OBTAINING ACCESS TOKEN INFORMATION
1. Go to https://developers.facebook.com/tools-and-support/,click on Graph API Explorer.
2. On this page, you will need to choose the App Display Name in the 'Application' dropdown at the top right.
Application - SalesCandy Set Up Demo
3. Click on the 'Get Token' dropdown and choose 'Get User Access Token'.
4. A pop up will be prompted to 'Select Permission', you will be required to tick the mandatory 3 permissions.
5. Proceed to click 'Get Access Token'.
6. You will be provided with the 'User Access Token' at the 'Access Token' field, you will need to copy the 'Access Token'.
7. Then click on the 'Tools' and choose the 'Access Token Debugger' and open it under a new tab.
8. Paste the copied 'Access Token' on the empty field and click on 'Debug'.
9. Once the Access Token has been Debug, an 'Extend Access Token' button will reflect in the bottom of the Access Token Info, please click the 'Extend Access Token' button.
10. The system will generate the Extended Access Token which reflects in green with an expiry date of 60 days.
11. Copy the 'Extended Access Token' with the expiry date.
12. Please share the 'Extended Access Token' and the expiry date with the SalesCandy Customer Success Team.