CandyMail is an email address added to the client landing page, website and google form that captures information of lead submitted. Also, it serves as a backup for lead sources that currently using CandyPixel.
Our CandyMail allows you to extract data from incoming emails. It can be configured to pull specific data fields from incoming emails. By doing so they allow you to convert an unstructured email into easy-to-handle structured data.
How we built our Email Parser with Data Management
Policy and Efficiency in mind:
Every email is processed instantly in seconds through our CandyMuncher and the specific email is deleted on the spot. The deleted email will stay in the trash for up to 14 days before automatically being purged permanently. If there's an error in processing, we will retry to process the email 4 times within every 2 minutes.
How CandyMail/Email Parser works for CandyPixel( landing page and website) backup ?
1. Once there is a lead submitted, both CandyPixel and CandyMail would have captured it.
2. In case the lead was not captured by the CandyPixel due to various reasons such as eg; AdBlocker in the client's browser (also, if the adblocker checkbox is unticked in the CandyPixel lead source setting) or Network error , CandyMail would capture the respective lead accordingly and route the lead to SalesCandy.
3. Although the leads would be captured in 2 lead sources, CandyPixel & CandyMail, the system would filter the duplicate automatically and only route one lead to SalesCandy.
How to setup CandyMail?
Ensure that all the lead submission notifications from the landing page/website are sent to a master or backup email address in your organisation in order to set up the CandyMail accordingly.
◍ Go to the portal, choose management and then click lead source.
◍ Click on the '+' icon on the top right of the page and select CandyMail (Email Parser) option.
◍ Fill in the respective lead source details in setup lead source page;
► Disable routing: Only tick this checkbox if you wish to accumulate the leads and does not want to route the leads.
► Lead source name: Fill in the relevant lead source name.
► Lead score: Set the lead score to 100 unless you do not want the leads to be prioritised, then set to low lead score.
►Delay Routing : Set to “0” to activate the real time routing times, unless you want to delay the routing.
► Field mapping method:
- There are two types of field mapping methods in Email Parser.
- Automatic method: You can choose an automatic mapping method if you want to set up the mapping at the end of the integration or you don't have a fixed field. In the automatic method you have to send two test leads in order to map and send another 1 test after mapping to activate the Email Parser lead source.
- Manual method: You can choose manual mapping if you have a fixed field to be mapped in the beginning. In the manual method you have to send one test lead to map and send another 1 test after mapping to activate the Email Parser lead source.
► Email source type: Choose HTML or TEXT
- HTML: If your email has displays or images, usually it’s a HTML source type. In that case, you can select HTML as the email source.
- Text: If your email is a plain-text version, you can select text as the email source.
► Choose project/projects: Select the project the leads to be routed.
- Single project: The leads will be accumulated and only routed to the selected project
- Multiple projects: The leads will be accumulated and routed to multiple projects.
- Email subject: Select this if you pass the project inside the email subject.
- Email body: Select this if you pass the project inside the email body.
** If you select the email body you have to define the field name and assign it the project.
Manual Mapping Single Project
Click 'Next' once the information has been filled.
◍ A unique email address will be generated, copy to clipboard and add that unique email address in your landing page/website.
◍ After inserting the unique email address, proceed to submit 2 test leads with different values.
Click 'Next' once the 2 test leads have been submitted.
◍ The mapped fields will appear for you to assign the input fields accordingly and click 'Save'.
◍ Lastly, proceed to activate the respective lead source in the lead source page.