In this article, there will be two main setup procedures involved in order to setup and activate the WhatsApp Business API accordingly.
Setting up API Key in Twilio.
- Ensure you have bought a phone number and that phone number is not tagged to any CandyNumber.
- Then go to Twilio's API Key under settings to create a new API Key for your WhatsApp Business number.
- Key in the preferred name for your WhatsApp Business Number and click on Create API Key.
- The API Key will be generated in Twilio and you can find it under SID column, ensure to copy the code.
Setting up WhatsApp Business API Integration in Manager Portal.
- Go to the Integration column and click on WhatsApp Business API.
- Click add on the WhatsApp Business API page.
- The Create new integration screen will pop up, you will need to fill up;
✺ Twilio account SID: Paste the copied API Key generated and reflected in the SID column
✺ Authentication token: Fill in your preferred password
✺ WhatsApp Business number: Key in the Twilio number that you have purchased for WhatsApp Business API usage.
- Click create once all the information has been completed.
- You will be able to view the URL for WhatsApp Business API setup completion in Twilio, copy that URL accordingly to paste in the Twilio Conversations API Webhook Configuration settings.
- On the next tab of specific integration, the auto-response template will be displayed. You may edit and amend the templates but ensure that the placeholder is not removed.
Configure API Webhook in Twilio
- Go back to Twilio and click on Conversations.
- Select Configure Conversations.
- You will be directed to Conversations API Webhook Configuration. Ensure to paste the copied URL from the WhatsApp Business API integration setup in our portal and choose HTTP POST as the method.
- Do proceed to configure pre and post webhooks for WhatsApp Business API conversations
- Below is our default setup for pre and post webhooks. You may follow this too.
- Click Save once done with the setup.
- Then go to Integration under Default Conversations Service and select the radio button 'Autocreate a Conversation' and click Save.
- Under the WhatsApp Senders Endpoint Configuration, click on 'Use a Messaging Service (recommended)'
- Click Save once done with the setup and you have completed the WhatsApp Business API setup in Twilio.
Setup WhatsApp Lead Source in Manager Portal
- Now, go to our manager portal, select lead sources and click on WhatsApp to create the lead source.
- Fill up the respective information;
❁ Lead source name: Fill in your preferred lead source name.
❁ Lead score: Set the lead score to 100 to prioritise the leads coming from the WhatsApp Business API.
❁ Delay routing(seconds): Choose 0.
❁ WhatsApp Business Number: Click on the dropdown to assign the specific number to the lead source.
- Click Save & Activate.
- Then, click on the following tab, URL under once you have Save & Activate. Click on '+' to generate QR code & URL for this WhatsApp number you have setup.
- Select the specific project you would like to set this number for WhatsApp Business API lead inquiries.
- Click 'Next' once you have selected the project.
- You're all set now, the WhatsApp Business API number is fully setup. You can click on the QR code, to save the URL or its QR image to display on your advertisements.
Please sign in to leave a comment.